It’s so simple! You can turn someone’s day around with something as simple as … a LOVE NOTE!
When was the last time you wrote or received a sweet note? Maybe you remember getting notes from an old boyfriend … or from your mom! My mom always LOVED giving us written cards and notes for birthdays, Valentine’s and honestly any time of the year. She still does!
And I loved the love notes that my then boyfriend/now husband Adam would leave for me to find on my car windshield when I finished my college classes for the day. I still have a note he wrote me the other day and put in the lunchbag I take to work! (Love you, Babe!)
There is something special about taking the time to write a note.
Love notes don’t have to be fancy to be meaningful!
Here are some fun, simple & easy love note ideas:
- Put a love note in your kids’ laptop to find when they start their “virtual school day from home.”
- Hide a love note in your kids’ or spouse’s lunchbox for them to find later.
- Use that magnet grocery list notepad on the fridge! Make a list of all the things you love about your loved one! You can even leave it on the fridge with a magnet for them to find!
- Leave a note on your co-worker’s desk.
- My radio friend and co-worker Alana recently left me the sweetest note, along with a beautiful monogrammed notepad! It was totally unexpected and made my day!
- Go super romantic and spray a little perfume on a love note for your spouse. Leave it on the pillow for them to find when they come home. Ah, love!
Just in case you’re a Disney fan like I am, check out my Amazon affiliate link to these cute Disney fridge magnets!
And here are a few simple note “scripts” to get you started:
- Dear (my favorite person’s name here),
- Every morning when I first see you, it makes me so happy! Just the fact that I get to be your (mom, wife, etc…) is amazing. I thank God for you & hope you have an amazing day!
- Hey honey!
- I don’t say it often enough, so here goes: I LOVE YOU!!!! SO MUCH!!! It’s RIDICULOUS!!! That’s it. LOL! Can’t wait to see you after work!
- Dear friend,
- Your friendship means the world to me! I’m so glad God put you in my life. Let’s meet up for coffee soon! HUGS!
- And you can always add Bible verses, too! My kids love Philippians 4:13 “You can do ALL things thru Christ who gives you strength!”
You get the idea! Keep it simple & share the love!
(In case you missed it, this is part of finding ways to show love as we countdown the 101 Days to Christmas 2020! This year more than ever, we are all needing extra love, so let’s show it!
Laughing thru life,