Let’s countdown the next 101 days till Christmas 2020 with 101 ideas to share love! If we’ve ever needed that, 2020 is the year!
Are you excited … or honestly bracing yourself … when it comes to anything in 2020? Even Christmas, the “most wonderful time of the year,” can get Grinches to smile for a bit. But this year? The holiday season is already popping up in stores — just pass the Halloween candy aisle and you might see fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas decor! (I see you, At Home & Hobby Lobby!) How can we make the next 101 days till Christmas (in 2020) a little happier and less stressful?
101 Days till Christmas countdown … with love
How about we count down these next 101 Days till Christmas in 2020 with ideas to share love?
I’m excited to share ideas for “random acts of kindness” to encourage and inspire myself (and hopefully you, too!) They’ll be simple, like calling or texting family and friends, video chatting, sending someone digital gift cards & other Covid-safe ways to share love, leading up to the holiday season.
2020 has been hard … we all need love more than ever
This year 2020 has hit a lot of families hard, especially with Covid. Unemployment, quarantine, financial difficulties and let’s not even talk about school with masks or virtually at home and ALLL the challenges we’ve seen there.
It has also been hard for those who have experienced racism and hatred in new ways this year. It’s been hard for those who have had Hurricanes like Laura and Sally in Louisiana and parts of the Gulf Coast.
101 ideas to share love!
In these 101 days leading up to Christmas, I’ll share ideas on how we can show love, help, volunteer, donate & make each day a little better for those around us.
Day 101: Keep it simple: text a friend!
To start the 101 days till Christmas 2020 countdown, we are keeping it super simple and doable. Just text a friend (or a few!) It can be to say hey, ask how they’ve been or make plans for a Covid-safe, physically distanced lunch or coffee date!
I hope these ideas spur you (and me) to action in practical ways this season. As we get closer to the holidays, and especially CHRISTMAS (!!!), maybe we’ll feel a little happier and more filled with love at a time that can be extra lonely and stressful.
It’s been said that one way to deal with sadness and loneliness is to volunteer or help someone else. It’s a win win because you tend to feel better after making that other person feel better!
That’s the way I want to head into the next few months. If we’re gonna wrap up 2020, let’s do it with as much love as we can possibly share!
Who’s in???? Let me know in the comments!
And if you have a FAVORITE random act of kindness, post it in the comments, too! I may just feature you in one of the 101 ideas!
Laughing thru life,
101 Days till Christmas in 2020 / 101 Ways to Share Love!
- Day 101: Text a friend
- Day 100: The power of writing a love note!
- Day 99: Make time to video chat with the grandparents!
- Day 98: Connect with your child’s teachers (they could use extra kindness this year!)
- Day 97: Compliment everyone! Don’t miss the funny movie clip in this one!
- Day 96: Easy Homemade Art Gifts to show love!
- Day 95: Why it’s important to celebrate “Start with Hello” week in schools.
- Day 94: Fun dinner conversations with your family!
- Day 93: How to find wise counsel … in the people around you! It shows love & respect when you ask for guidance, and potentially helps you make better choices!
- Day 92: Go ahead, talk to the manager … but let’s make sure it’s to point out everything that went GREAT!
- Days 91-81: Ten simple ways to show love when life gets busy!
- Day 80: Stay tuned for more!