If you get everyone to have dinner together, great! But what if you have nothing to talk about? I hope these fun dinner conversations starters work!
This might be too familiar — those nights when you sit down for dinner with the fam and … no one is saying a word. Dinner conversation is just not happening. Maybe you or your spouse or your kids are on their phones. Or it’s just been a DAY and everyone feels moody. What if we could jumpstart the dinner conversation with a few fun ideas that have NOTHING to do with homework?!
Here are a few ways to start fun dinner conversations with your family!
And I hope these are just “starters” for you and your family to have fun conversations every mealtime! It’s just another way to show love on our 101 Days till Christmas 2020 countdown!
1. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
2. If you could call anyone right now, who would it be?
I’m kind of tempted to say Zendaya, to congratulate her on winning that Emmy! 😉
3. What’s been your favorite thing of the week so far?
4. Is there something you’ve been wanting to try?
My 10 year old daughter said “skydiving” the other day! LOL! And “nope!”
5. Would you rather live near the city, the beach or the mountains?
6. Who gives the best hugs?
Careful. This could lead to an argument … but then we can all “fight” to solve it by giving BETTER hugs! 😉
7. If you could have any pet, what would you have … and what would you name it?
8. If we could cook anything, what would you have for dinner tomorrow?
… um, is it bad if I answer pizza? lol!
And there are more thought-provoking questions in this Parents.com article!
I know that dinner together is not always possible. But in our family, even though my sister says I’m crazy, we all sit down after my daughter’s gymnastics practice. That is usually between 8:30 and 9:00pm. If weeknights don’t work for you, maybe you could have breakfast together, or make weekend brunches a thing!
Let me know how dinner works out in your fam! I love to hear about how different people make it work, especially in these crazy Covid-times.
Laughing thru life,