It’s been a while since I’ve blogged … and I’m SO happy to be BACK with a 2020 crazy pandemic update!!! So, if it’s been a while since we’ve caught up on life, I’ll share a bit of what’s been happening over here in Florida, and I’d love it if you’d share what’s up with you in the comments below.
Before getting to the crazy pandemic, let’s go back to 2019
Let’s actually go back to 2019 and our BIG Move to Florida! You can read more about that major life decision here. Man, that was hard. We loved Houston SO FREAKING MUCH! We had bought our dream house in Kingwood (where we saw snow for the VERY FIRST TIME that first Christmas! What a dream!!!
Adam and I both had jobs we loved with the best bosses we had ever had (shout out to Chris & Mac!) Our kids were thriving in school, basketball & gymanstics. We loved our friends & our community and life was GOOD! (Even after surviving Hurricane Harvey’s historic flooding!)
Can a Facebook Message change your life?
Then, I got a Facebook message that literally got me to sit down & pray — Lord, are you opening a door for us to move away from this amazing life?! I was kind of hoping the answer was “no.” But the answer turned out be one of the quickest “yes-es” I’ve ever received!
Fast forward to now, 2019 was really hard. We said goodbye to the dream house and it took a LONG while for us to recover financially. Our income went down for months. Allyson missed her old gymnastic friends and the new gym transtion was tough. We even had a hard time connecting with a local church, even though we had connections and were actively visiting three main churches, hoping one would become our new faith family.
Did you get the idea that 2019 was hard? Yeah.
And then, here we are in 2020 … where the world pretty much has gone CRAZY. Earthquakes in my home island of Puerto Rico in January? A Global Pandemic in March? And wait, did Disney World really close down?! We were quarantined at home … but I actually felt … better than before.
The only explanation I have is that God can turn even crazy pandemic years into years full of blessings!
Here are just a few highlights from what I count as blessings in the midst of this 2020 crazy pandemic:
- We were blessed with plane tickets to Puerto Rico for my cousin Joshua & his beautiful bride Sofia’s wedding!
- My hubby Adam’s income went up! HUGE ANSWER TO PRAYER!
- We went from one of the worst, financially tight years, barely scraping by, to actually having savings (again!) Thank You, Jesus!
- My new radio job at Z88.3 in English and sister station La Z 102.5 “en español” is going GREAT! I’m so thankful for that!
- I’m thankful for opportunities we’ve had to bless others (we’re blessed to be a blessing!)
- The kids somehow survived “school from home” last semester. HA!
- My baby girl is thriving again with her new gymnastics community! Woohoo!
- My soon-to-be-in-high-school teenager is having way too much fun, connecting with friends online! Hey, that didn’t change with the pandemic! Lol!
- I found a new blogging community with the Orlando Mom Collective, a sister group to my Houston Moms Blog friends (I miss y’all!) Shout out to Meagan for introducing me to Kristi!
- And, yes, I’m insanely grateful that, in the middle of a pandemic, we’re all healthy.
Can 2020 be one of our healthiest years yet?
Speaking of being thankful for health … this month I’m beside myself that I’m FINALLY doing a WHOLE30! That deserves a whole other blog post … but we’ll leave that one until I’m done and can actually say I DID IT! Stay tuned!
In the meantime, I hope you’ve been able to find blessings in the middle of this 2020 crazy pandemic year. Tell me about it in the comments below and let’s celebrate the good!
(Still) Laughing thru life!